Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AW: Zone Alarm

From: Michael Reilly <michaelr () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:41:09 -0700

If I understand you correctly I think you mean, for example, to block Outlook/Netscape/Other_mail_client from fetching
images and sending cookies often found in SPAM by blocking any outgoing access except to smtp/pop/imap on the server
but letting a web browser use http?

The SW firewall can be useful for this but wouldn't it be better to use a well behaved application instead?

michael
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:37:50 +0200