Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Cries Wolf ( again )

From: "Kristian Hermansen" <this_is_kris () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:49:59 -0400

Yes, programmers should be trained to write better code...but it is more
profitiable to allow sloppy code and a simple fix later (behind the scenes
with vendor notification).  This is MS point-of-view.  This is why they want
vendor notification, rather than public notification.  Again, I say let the
0-days fly.

Did you know that certain US government agencies have teams that their only
job is to break software?  This has been going on since the 1970's.  It
helps to produce secure code in mission critical applications that the
military needs.  I am not saying that MS needs to be SO drastic...but a
small team for their MOST popular products would sure be wise to start with.
Why not hire fucking intern teenagers from russia to "Crash Test" their
development projects (facetious)?  Would it be so difficult/expensive to
hire some of the main companies that are breaking your software???

Kris Hermansen