Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Participation in System Administrator Survey

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:24:58 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 Jul 2003, [koi8-r] ????? ????? wrote:
Feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

The part that you seem to be missing is this:

Prior to posting to the mailing list, Stamatis Bolakis had harvested
the email addresses of people who had posted to a variety of archived
mailing lists, and sent direct, unsolicited email to all of them about
his survey.

In my books, and clearly in those of Paul Schmehl, that's Not Okay.

If he'd only posted to the mailing list, that would have been fine.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html