Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Participation in System Administrator Survey

From: Troy <th () zeno com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:03:01 -0700

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:44:42 -0500, "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu> wrote:

Again, if you had actually *read* what I posted, you *should* have
picked up on the fact that he spammed *individually* an entire list of
people who are all on a private list.  He obviously harvested that list
somehow.  He *did not* spam the list.  He doesn't have rights to post,
because the list is *private*.  (I cannot believe I'm actually having to
explain this on *this* list!!)

Until you wrote this, I did not realize that he harvested the emails
from another list. When you said that he "spammed [you] and everyone
else on another private list," I misunderstood and assumed that meant he
spammed the list, which others apparently also did. Now that I've gone
back and re-read your message, it's clear, but it was easy to mis-read,
especially since I was just skimming through this thread.

--
Troy

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html