Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: "Dan Williams" <abuse () emediaforce com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:49:36 -0700

I am running US version of  XP corporate with the latest service packs and
updates with IE 6.0.2800  and the c:\aux crashes that specific browser
window along with clicking a click to href=c:\aux

--Dan

pez dude wrote:
Tested and confirmed on Inter Explorer Version:
6.0.2600..0000.xpclient.010817-1148

Window locks and can be closed with Ctrl +Alt+ Delete or by clicking the
x in the top right corner ...   followed by an "end now" or "cancel"
prompt.

So far the couple of people who CAN reproduce it are coming from a .dk and
.de domain.  I use the US English version of XP.  If anyone else chimes in
on whether they can reproduce or not, could you please report what
language
version of XP and/or IE you use?

Has anyone tried it from a link in a page, or a refresh or anything?

BB

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html