Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

From: "Dimitri Limanovski" <dlimanov () sct com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:39:58 -0400

Also worked on Windows2003 .NET Enterprise Server with IE6 SP ver
6.0.3718.0

Dimitri

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           "Dimitri Limanovski"       |
|         |           <dlimanov () sct com>         |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           07/07/2003 02:22 PM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       full-disclosure () lists netsys com                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Full-disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug                                            |

Worked on W2kAS SP4 with IE6.0 SP1 and all hotfixes. Full IE version
is 6.0.2800.1106CO

Dimitri

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           KF <dotslash () snosoft com>  |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           full-disclosure-admin@lists|
|         |           .netsys.com                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           07/07/2003 09:19 AM        |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       fabian.becker2 () epost de
|
  |       cc:       full-disclosure () lists netsys com
|
  |       Subject:  Re: [Full-disclosure] Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I can NOT duplicate this on IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2-030422-1633.... it
simply asks me to open or save the file... if I choose open with
notepad
for example ... nothing odd happens... notepad says function not
found.
If I try to save the file to disk it says "aux This filename is a
reserved device name please choose another name". I tryed searching
for
what to open the file with on the ms extension search thing and also
came up with nothing odd...

What *exact* version of IE do you use?

-KF

fabian.becker2 () epost de wrote:

Hi,
I found a bug in IE6 ón Windows XP with all Service Packs and Patches
installed:
If you enter C:\aux in the adressline of the IE (not EXPLORER,
InternetExplorer)
and hit enter, the window will freeze. This bug is simmilar to
C:\con\con
but not as dagerous. But its the same reason, naimly that windows
trys to
open aux, a hardware device in earlier windows versions.
I already sended an email to Microsoft but they said the bug wouldn't
exist.

Bye

Fabian Becker (www.neonomicus.ionichost.com)
fabian.becker2 () epost de

Mehr Power für Ihre eMail - mit den neuen Leistungspaketen bei
http://www.epost.de

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html