Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The worm author finally revealed!

From: "David Howe" <DaveHowe () cmn sharp-uk co uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:17:42 -0000

Henrik,
I guess many people also thinks that having a PGP signature
on mails make them - true (while paranoid people would
actually verify the signatures)
No, PGP signatures help me establish trust to individuals by
allowing me to connect messages by the same individual to
each other and then decide whether I trust that person. That
a key also has a more-or-less pronounceable name embedded
simply helps my brain to remember which individual was just
talking.
what annoys me is when users post signed messages *but refuse to upload
their keys*
WTF? "I might need to prove I said it someday" is *not* a valid reason
to waste my bandwidth just to give you a publication claim at some
unlikely future point.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html