Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Authorities eye MSBlaster suspect

From: Jeremiah Cornelius <jeremiah () nur net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:32:54 -0700

Stephen Clowater wrote:

Throw him in prison for a while...he caused alot of hedache, downtime, damage, and most importantly, the never ending msblaster thread on FD!

Stupidity should be punished, this guy wrote a crappy worm, shot his mouth off about it, and then got caught. Make an example out of him so at least other virus writers will learn that if they write the virus, they should shut up about it.

I suspect that the poor boy's efforts greatly raised the full-time employment prospects of many on this list. This lad had good intentions, if flawed in his reasonong and execution.

He /did/ put to the test a theory that has choked this list and others for a few years. I suspect we won't be subjected to any more drivel about a "good worm" for some while now... ;-)

--
Jeremiah Cornelius, CISSP, CCNA, MCSE
farm9.com Security

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.