Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for a Passive Web Content Monitoring solution?

From: Ewald Beekman <E.H.Beekman () amc uva nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:16:10 +0200

Have a look at urlsnarf from Dug Song's dsniff package
http://monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/

http://webbuilder.netscape.com/webbuilding/0-7532-8-4011019-4.html

Ewald...

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 07:30:36AM -0700, Nick Jacobsen wrote:
Not sure that this is an exactly suitable topic, but anything seems to go,
so...

I am trying to find an open source (read free) PASSIVE web content
monitoring solution.  We are looking for something that can be put on a
network, and using promiscuous mode, capture and analyze web traffic, etc...
We would obviously place this in such a way that all network traffic would
pass by it.  Any suggestions would be welcome, though again, I am looking
for something specifically designed to do this, as I know I could modify
existing tools myself...

Nick

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html