IDS mailing list archives

Re: NSS Certification - Credible?

From: Stefano Zanero <s.zanero () securenetwork it>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:48:54 +0100

Joel M Snyder wrote:

I've been in this business of doing tests for 26 years now, and I can
guarantee you that advertising does not influence magazine tests.  I

I can also add - as a third party - that, among all the testing
methodologies I've seen for IPS and IDS, Joel's ones are among the best
documented and designed that I've come across.

As of a couple of years ago they were even, on some specific points,
better designed than NSS ones in my opinion. I pointed out this in
non-suspect times in a couple of presentations on the subject.

Best,
Stefano