IDS mailing list archives

Scan for "outsider" Pcs on network

From: dhamm () jackofallgames com
Date: 2 Mar 2006 23:47:59 -0000

Is there a way to setup a scan and be notified of an intruding pc that is physically plugged into the network? When you
have an enviroment with a large amount of network jacks, it's hard to make sure the ones no longer in use are turned
off, and that no "visitors" have sat down to use your network connections, esp. if you have a large amount of
contractors in and out. It got me to searching the net, and so far I have found one cemmercial product that can do it,
but nothing else. Any suggestions?

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.