IDS mailing list archives

Re: anomaly vs signature

From: "Michael Vergoz" <mv () binarysec com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:33:32 +0200

Indeed, categorization can be done between anomaly based vs signature based. that's a traditional approach, a complementary one is white list (everything not recognized is not allowed) or black list (i only stop what i know to be suspicious -signature, protocol anomaly, ...-, the rest is accepted). This second approach is from our point of view less efficient and much more resource consuming. I would like to suggest you test (and give your feedback !) on our beta test product : http://www.binarysec.com which is a web firewall to be installed on an apache server (with linux), it uses an artificial intelligence engine. everything is software (1 Apache module + 1 server).

Michael Vergoz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roland Dobbins" <rdobbins () cisco com>