IDS mailing list archives

Re: RPC Evasion techniques

From: Pukhraj Singh <pukhraj.singh () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:57:40 +0530

Lot of things can be done to evade IPS/IDS.

The tricks vary from protcol to protocol. The difference in the
decoding mechanism of security appliance and the application server
can lead to many evasion techniques. I have created and tested many
mutant exploits and they worked beautifully. The idea is to strike and
exploit some  fundamental concepts of logic and protocols which
IDS/IPS makers tend to ignore or is simply beyond their device
capability

Apparently, I haven't documented and organized the work I did.

But here is an introductory paper you should definitely read:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~rsg/Hidra/Papers/2004_vigna_robertson_balzarotti_CCS04.pdf

--Pukhraj Singh