IDS mailing list archives

Re: RPC Evasion techniques

From: Pukhraj Singh <pukhraj.singh () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:50:49 +0530

So, I strongly believe that the published results are not a
reflection of the quality of recent ISS product protection.

Can't comment on that.

Even so, I still  believe that the results demonstrate the
strengths of the authors'  technology to expose limitations in
an IDS/IPS product whether or not  the product is still relevant.

I concur. The tid-bits about these issues were known for quite a while
now, it's just that the scope of these discussions were primarily
limited to the developer's desk. Now, as the security appliances are
actually doing some advanced protocol decoding and lexical analysis,
these issues become very important.

I think the authors are also planning for the public release of the
exploit mutation tool.

-Regards
 Pukhraj