IDS mailing list archives

RE: Snortgoing commercial

From: "Harper, Patrick" <Patrick.Harper () phns com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:06:29 -0600

I do believe you are misrepresenting that.  You get the professionally
developed sourcefire signatures that go through a lot of testing by paid
employees and cost money to develop 5 days after they are released to
paying customers.  The GPL'd rules are free, bleeding snort is free, and
community rules are free. And 5 days later you get the Sourcefire rules.