IDS mailing list archives

Re: RE: Vulnerability & Exploit Signatures

From: tk () ncircle com
Date: 19 Jun 2005 08:47:09 -0000

Marc,
I have seen you at a few events but we have never met.  My name is Tim Keanini and I am the CTO for nCircle.  Your
claim that nCircle's product is based on Nessus is false.  I have been looking at the source code since it got checked
in to the repository so I can speak with authority about this issue.

Feel free to contact me if someone has misinformed you about these facts.  I have a deep respect for Ron Gula and
Renaud Deraison and know Ron personally.

I'll be at Black Hat this year if you want to meet up talk shop.

Thanks,
Tim Keanini
Chief Technology Officer
nCircle, Inc.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.