IDS mailing list archives

Re: Replacing antivirus soft with a real IDS/IPS

From: Jeffrey.Stebelton () bisys com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:47:45 -0500

Like the concept of Core Force but haven't had any success with it. Have
installed on it on two Windows XP machines, both fully patched and
up-to-date. First box crashed with blue screen of death, something I
haven't seen in a long time with XP. Second box (my home box) went into a
reboot loop; had to use Safe Mode and whack Core Force to get up again.
Hope the next version is stable because, as I said, I like the concept...

js

             Albert Gonzalez
             <albertg () gmail co
                                       carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
             12/10/2005 02:39                                           cc
             PM                        focus-ids () securityfocus com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Replacing antivirus soft with a
                                       real IDS/IPS

CL,

You might want to take a look at coreForce[1].

From their "About" page.

CORE FORCE can be used to:
- Protect your computer from compromises by worms, virus and email-borne
malware

- Prevent your computer from being used as a staging point to amplify
attacks and compromise others

- Prevent exploitation of known bugs in the operating system and
applications running on your computer

- Prevent exploitation of unknown bugs (0-day) in the operating system
and applications running on your computer

- Detect and prevent execution of adware, spyware, trojan horses and
other malware on you computer

HTH,
Albert Gonzalez

[1] http://force.coresecurity.com