IDS mailing list archives

RE: Snort signature packet generator

From: "Eric Hines" <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:15:35 -0600

Graeme,

Several exist.

1) Snot
2) Stick

However, a pretty awesome tool that we've been using internally is
IDS Informer from Blade Software (http://www.blade-software.com) This
tool not only sends the attacks out on the wire but also completes a
three-way handshake with the attack simulating a victim host to make
Snort/any IDS think an actual attack is taking place. You can choose
from hundreds if not more, attacks from its attack selector. They'll
give you a 30-day trial if you want to sniff it out. It is definitely
worth a look at!

http://www.blade-software.com/IDSInformer.htm

Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP