IDS mailing list archives

Testimonials on IDS

From: "willie domingo" <wedomingo () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:24:47 +0000

Hi List,

I am having a problem getting the budget for upgrading the signature of my IDS. One of the requirements being asked of me is to produce testimonials from IDS users of the benefit derived from having it. We have already asked our vendor to provide such but these were only branded as salesmanthing. What they want are experiences from security people and not the vendor.

What I need is a real life experience on having IDS. What were the security issues that you were able to address and how did IDS help you on this? Aside from detecting intrusions are there any other use of IDS for your organization?

Thanks in advanced.

Willie