IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS Testing Method

From: Ravi Kumar <ravivsn () rocsys com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:46:23 +0530

Hi,
Testing IDS/IPS signatures is little bit complex for sure but we at ROCSYS are succesfull in testing almost all the exisitng snort signatures. ROCSYS also tests with latest vulnerabilites/exploits taken from http://www.securiteam.com we have customised tools to test IPS signatures automatically, For more information please drop us an email to me or support () rocsys com

Best Regards,
-Ravi
ROCSYS Technologies Ltd.,
Hyderabad
http://www.rocsys.com

Majed Mohammed Ayoub Al-Shodari wrote:

Dear NAVTEJ,

As you know there are thousands of the signatures of the NIDS. And it
divided to categories. And you should know you cannot test them all,
therefore, try to have many signatures from each category and do your test
depends on the signature behaviour.

If you select the required signatures for your test, please let me know
which signatures to provide you by the methodology to test them all.

If you need any further info, please don't hesitate to call me or drop me an
email.

           Thank you and best regards
Majed Mohammed Ayoub
Tel.    :(966-2) 606-6556 Ext. ( 361 )
Fax    :(966-2) 606-1342 Ext. ( 1361 )
Mobile:(966-50) 33-67-69-1
Information Systems Security Administrator
Technical Services Section
Information Technology Department
P. O. Box 4384 Jeddah 21491
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia