IDS mailing list archives

Re: Active response... some thoughts.

From: "mb_lima" <mb_lima () uol com br>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:06:53 -0200

 Folks,

   It is good to remember that many IDS implementations send
TCP RST to the two endpoints in the communication. So a
hacker can change the stack in your OS, but he is not able to
do the same thing in the network internal machines. This is
enough to abort attack.
[]´s
   Marcelo

Please see my comments below (SF2/7/03)