IDS mailing list archives

Re: Top IPS vendors - please read for invitation to Network World review.

From: Scott Wimer <scottw () cylant com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:15:36 -0700

CylantSecure is our entry in the HIPS market. CylantSecure currently only supports the Linux platform.

scottwimer

Andrew Plato wrote:
What I am very interested in would be a good list of Host Intrusion
Prevention Systems - it's something I've been meaning to tackle for

some

time for inclusion on the site, some are on my Host IDS page

.......I've

been concentrating on providing salient details on security training

courses

recently sadly letting IDS and scanners slip.

Well...

Host IPS:

Cisco Secure Agent (formerly Okena Stormwatch)
Sygate RealSecure Desktop Protection (formerly BLackICE)
RealSecure Server Sensor
Entercept
eEye Secure IIS

Uhhhh, that's all I can think of right now. There are plenty of others.
Those are the biggies. Netscreen used to have a host IPS, does that
still exist?
___________________________________
Andrew Plato, CISSP
President/Principal Consultant
Anitian Enterprise Security 503-644-5656 Office
503-644-8574 Fax
503-201-0821 Mobile
www.anitian.com

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the worldÂ’s premier technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors. Symanetc is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September 6 Visit: www.blackhat.com

--
Scott M. Wimer, CTO                      Cylant
www.cylant.com                           121 Sweet Ave.