IDS mailing list archives

RE: ISS and Snort logs

From: Luke Leboeuf <luke () arcsight com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:14:10 -0700

Probably not, seeing as the event collector would not have any key for the
snort sensor. However, if you could figure out some way to normalize snorts
events to ISS database schema, create a DB user for the snort sensor to have
write access to the SQL DB, and figure out a way for the sensor to make ODBC
calls to the ISSED database to insert events, I guess, in theory, it could
be possible. If you get it to work let everyone know. There are other
applications that you can use to bring your snort logs and your ISS
siteprotector logs into one usable, database and correlation engine (like
the free Acid). They usually cost a pretty penny. Good luck!

Luke LeBoeuf
ArcSight, Inc.
(c) 571.331.5142
(e) luke () arcsight com