IDS mailing list archives

Developing IDS

From: Peteris Krumins <newsgroups () lf lv>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:04:29 +0300

Hello people,

 I am developing an ids system and i'd like to hear you opinions what
 is a _must_ for an ids system and what are great features to add?

 I am joining a fw and an IDS system together. Currently the system is
 able to detect any bad (invalid packets, reserved ips etc. - dropped
 immediately) and suspicious (for example, late night logins, multiple
 tries to login etc. - logged to database and if user has chosen, sends sms
 or email) traffic.

 Currently the system is being developed so that anything bad is
 logged to a database. Later anyone using my IDS can see very detalized
 statistics.

Best regards,
P.Krumins

ALERT: Exploiting Web Applications- A Step-by-Step Attack Analysis
Learn why 70% of today's successful hacks involve Web Application
attacks such as: SQL Injection, XSS, Cookie Manipulation and Parameter
Manipulation.
http://www.spidynamics.com/mktg/webappsecurity71