Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Who stay focused? (was: [Fwd: Question])

From: Anton Chuvakin <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:55:29 -0700

So, my question is: among all of you, old timer firewall wizards, how
many stay focused to infosec (and had kept a global view [2] of infosys)

I am NOT an old-timer (heck, I use Twitter which bans me for life [of
twitter] from the ranks of old-timers...), but I want to answer it
too.

Many people get bitter and negative after doing security for a few
years - and then they BURN OUT and go do something else [1] However,
the trick is to do what [supposedly] spies [2] are trained to do when
tortured: you get to like it! Negative? Sure, I'll give you negative
:-) Cynical? Let's make Diogenes proud!

[1]  ... what about long walks on the beach ? puppies ? CRM? :-)
[2]  "Inside the Aquarium: The Making of a Top Soviet Spy" by Viktor Suvorov
--
    Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D
   http://www.chuvakin.org