Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SCADA

From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:51:27 -0500

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM, ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net> wrote:
Well, i guess you have premium support from MS then, they should advise something
to be done to prevent systems from being vulnerable without breaking it..

Huh? MS doesn't care about a system I have running NT 4 - and the
system that breaks because of an update isn't made by them, so why
should they?

SCADA device/software Vendors control what you put on the network.
None of the vendors that I've seen give one iota about security. As
stated by someone else, for them and those who purchase their
products, its about reliability.

Can you even buy extended support for Windows 98??