Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Secure Computing Sidewinder?

From: "K K" <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:27:25 -0500

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Keith A. Glass <salgak () speakeasy net> wrote:
I'm less sanguine about Secure Computing: their service, in my experience,
is marginal

We've received very good service/support from SCUR, from Tier-1
through engineering.
The majority of the feature requests we've submitted have been
incorporated into the current Sidewinder V7 release, so I'm really not
happy about having to migrate away from proxy firewalling.

and the price is exceptionally high, both to get in and for maintenance. . .

No argument here.
Worse yet, the "appliance" firewalls are Dell hardware...
But maintenance renewal  doesn't actually cover hardware -- once the
initial Dell support expired, we had to buy a separate Dell contract.