Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Secure Computing Sidewinder?

From: "Keith A. Glass" <salgak () speakeasy net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:53:01 -0400

I've got mixed feelings here. . .  SidewinderG2 is a descendant of Gauntlet,
amongst others (Sidewinder and Cyberguard also are part of the current G2,
as I recall. . .).

I really liked Gauntlet: rock-solid, easy to configure and maintain.  I
still HAVE a copy of 6.0 on the shelf in my library, back from when NAI
owned it. . .

I'm less sanguine about Secure Computing: their service, in my experience,
is marginal, and the price is exceptionally high, both to get in and for
maintenance. . .

It's the only true proxying firewall left that I'm aware of, at least that's
commercially available here in the States. . .

Recommendation: none.  You're going to have to weigh your security needs and
budget on this one, Can't help you there. . .