Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 501 to PIX 515 IPSec VPN failure, when the 515 already has a VPN

From: "Jerry B. Altzman" <jbaltz () altzman com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:24:50 -0400

Wow, 3 responses so far!
on 2007-09-12 11:56 Christopher J. Wargaski said the following:
I have seen this when there is a routing problem. Can the 515 ping the
outside interface of the 501?

Yes, there is 100% reachability on both sides.

on 2007-09-12 23:08 Glenn Crissman said the following:
First guess is check your NAT 0 access lists on both sides. If you don't
have an acl entry there matching your interesting traffic acl for the
515 / 501 L2L VPN it won't attempt to come up. The PIX will NAT the
traffic (or at least attempt to) before it hits the crypto engine.

I've cleared the nat 0 entries on both sides already...I'm reasonably
sure that's not it. We're not even seeing IPSec try to *start*, basically.