Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX 501 to PIX 515 IPSec VPN failure, when the 515 already has a VPN

From: "Glenn Crissman" <gwcrissman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:08:24 -0400

First guess is check your NAT 0 access lists on both sides. If you don't
have an acl entry there matching your interesting traffic acl for the 515 /
501 L2L VPN it won't attempt to come up. The PIX will NAT the traffic (or at
least attempt to) before it hits the crypto engine.

On v6 do 'sh nat', on v7+ do 'sh run nat'. You're looking for the 'nat
(interface) 0 access-list ...' statement(s).

You might have already checked this but its a first guess.