Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall scaling

From: "K K" <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:54:41 -0500

I say you need two, as a failover cluster.

On 6/23/07, Sami Ghourabi <sami.ghourabi () online-netsecurity com> wrote:
I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000
concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN
internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments.

I've not heard of a commercial firewall which only supports 32K
concurrent sessions, is this some sort of weird limited license cap
imposed by the vendor?

Ancient OpenBSD 'pf' running on a i386 with 128MB was able to do
upwards of 50,000 states back in the v3.6 days.

Kevin