Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

[Fwd: Cisco Pix 515e ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker]

From: Jesse DeGarmo <jdegarmo () kshs org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:39:43 -0600

Please discard my last email. I was forgetting to go into the configure terminal mode. Feel pretty stupid.

I have a Cisco Pix 515e that when we upgraded the software from 6.3 to 7.0 we are getting (ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker) any time we try and enter a command to add a new rule for an access list or change the asdm image file. Any suggestions would be helpful.

pix515e#access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host 165.201.138.6 eq smtp

access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host 165.201.138.6 eq smtp
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

pix515e#asdm image flash:/asdm-523.bin

--
Jesse G. DeGarmo
System Administrator