Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

OpenBSD pf users?

From: "Wim Lamotte" <Wim.Lamotte () UHasselt be>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:33:44 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if any of the fw-wiz members is currently using the pf
firewall on OpenBSD. We are considering this platform as an alternative to
our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, with which we
have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems,
SmartDefense unpredictable, high license costs, ...)

If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, and concluded
that there were good reasons not to use it, I would also be very interested
to know what these reasons were.

Thanks,

Wim