Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Anyone have any informed opinions on the watchguard product line?

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:57:16 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, AMuse wrote:

Does anyone have an informed opinion on whether these products are any
good, that I can pass along to my friend?

They work well enough, VPN setup is a little weird if you're doing
site-to-site (at least I ended up dropping back and punting to OpenVPN at
one customer.)

The nice thing is that the HTTP proxy does MIME type filtering, which
stops a lot of junk if you don't open it up wide.

Paul