Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Anyone have any informed opinions on the watchguardproduct line?

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:01:10 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Scott Pinzon wrote:

Depending on which WatchGuard product you're considering, you might be
able to catch a glimpse of how the UI works by searching for our videos
on YouTube and Google Video. A couple of our Firebox X Edge videos have

Personally, I'm finding the Windows-only GUI more and more of a problem.
Suddenly, if I want to make rule changes, I've got to boot up Parallels
and XP- normally that takes getting out an external drive and  closing
other apps I'm working on to free up enough memory on my MacBook.  Is
there any chance we'll see either a cross-plaform, command-line  or
Web-based GUI any time soon?

Thanks,

Paul