Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: scanning...

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:06:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Paul Melson wrote:
Actually, I retract that.  In this situation the best thing to do is go to
the documentation.    After all of the money they paid to that contractor
there had better be at least a design and some "as installed" docs from the
hand-off.  If there is none, then go to the router and firewall configs.
Hopefully those bear enough resemblance to reality that you can figure out
what traffic goes where and begin to work your way back from there.

Worst case scenario, some time with the configs, perl and graphviz should
give you a general idea of the network topology.

cheers!