Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX Dual line Internet HDSL and ADSL

From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:28:48 -0600

Okay, so to summarize form everyone's posts (and thank you, btw):

We're using HSRP as it was designed but there might be some issues in
that since we're probably not using BGP correctly and the
secondary/stand-by router is still getting traffic.

We need to look more deeply into what our ISP is supposed to be
providing and see if it/they actually are providing that. I would have
to guess they are not since we're not seeing nearly enough traffic on
the secondary router - and it's bound to be the shortest route from
some parts of the 'Net.

On the right track or still confused? And I see that this is off-topic
so feel free to respond off-list.