Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Websense protocol Version 4?

From: "Paul Melson" <psmelson () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:42:14 -0500

The WebSense protocols are proprietary, and not publicly available (at least
that I've seen).  There also appear to be differences between the WebSense
protocol used for PIX firewalls and the one used for Check Point firewalls
(UFP).

Port 15868 listens for the actual url-filter requests from the firewall and
issues a response code based on matching.  Port 15871 is something like an
HTTP server and issues an alert that is inserted in-stream to the browser,
letting the user know that WebSense has blocked the URL they've requested.

PaulM