Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Websense protocol Version 4?

From: Kevin <kkadow () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:39:38 -0600

I see from PIX and Websense documentation that the recommended
configuration for URL filtering is to use the following PIX command:
  url-server host <IP-NUMBER> protocol UDP version 4

Websense and PIX can also be configured to use a TCP protocol.

Are either of these protocols documented anywhere?
I searched both Cisco and Websense, but did not see specifications
for the communication protocol between the PIX and the filter engine.

Information on the Websense site shows that V4.x uses port 15868
for the "Filtering service", and 15871 for blocking messages, but does
not document the protocol itself.

Thanks,

Kevin Kadow