Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Equifax Canada

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () politrix org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:54:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Brian Loe wrote:

Pretty soon the fed might realize it's losing money printing all that fancy
cash and one day say, "hey, that national ID card has a magnetic strip on
it!"

Neat. Then all we would need is a new mailing list on (un)SecurityFocus
that will target binary reading, and magnetics to spoof these cards. Come
on now, the whole concept of it is a horrible idea. "Get your National ID
card right now!" For what? To keep track of when I take number twos, what
color boxers I buy. Information gathered from all sorts of these cards
(even those annoying supermarket swipe cards) is getting way out of hand.

That way, next time you're pulled over they can just debit your national ID
card for the ticket right there and send you on your way. Speed up the hands
of justice...

And what happens if you don't have the money in your account right then
and there? You certainly must have sent a postdated check once in your
life. If you couldn't pay right there would they choose to put you on the
new and improved (carryover from DHS No Fly List) No Drive List, then
arrest you. Would make practical business sense. You go from a $50.00
speeding ticket to having to pay $5000.00 in bail. Never fear though you'd
get the money back but then the fed in the meantime can use your hard
earned cash on some Money Market/IRA/GREASE_SOMEONES_POCKET_ACCOUNT to
replete the national debt and buy themselves a CLS500. Maybe even return
some of your hard earned - now out the door - Social Security benefits.

Yea I ramble on too much ...
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/2/10/21427/8342

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most
desirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer
the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu