Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Username password VS hardware token plus PIN

From: John Hall <jhall () ptavvs net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:54:54 -0800

In my experience every senior manager has either a PDA, pager, cellphone,
or Blackberry already.  We just need to make a secure token a required
component for all of those devices.  The first company that gets their
token into any two of the above devices in wide distribution is going
to be rich.

cheers,
JMH

Dragos Ruiu wrote:
Response to Standard Ranum rant:

The problem with the old PDA idea is user reluctance.
Sure it gets over the cost issue, but convincing some
technophobe senior manager to carry around a small
commercial token is hard enough. Making him/her lug
around an old electronic brick, associated case and chargers, will be even more of an uphill task. And I would
bet that pointing out that it can play tetris will do little
to sell it further in those cases. :-)

cheers,
--dr