Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: L2L VPN redundancy for T1 link

From: "Sanford Reed" <sanford.reed () cox net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:18:03 -0400

I had a similar situation but we were configured differently.

Our Router resided outside the Firewall with a HW - HW VPN tunnel built
between firewalls for fail over. To avid routing problems we built a GRE
connection via the VPN tunnel between internal routers to pass the needed
EIGRP info.

I think this would work for you if you 'flipped' the Router to the outside
and configured it to do the Fail-over as needed.

BTW our HW was all Cisco. External Routers was 2621XM. FWs - PIX515E,
Internal Routers - 3662

Sanford Reed
(V) 757.406.7067