Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cannot send mail

From: "Karl Mueller" <karlm () acshelp com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:05:14 -0400

A while back I had the same problem. Turns out the SMTP proxy on the
Watchguard throws out that error when an email address is denied by the SMTP
proxy. Check out the properties of the SMTP proxy: in the Watchguard firebox
manager, open the SMTP service, Properties tab, Incoming... Button, then
Address Patterns -- make sure Allowed From: is * if you want to receive
email from anyone, and Denied From: doesn't contain any addresses you want
mail from (this is what my firebox III's config says, so YMMV).

Basically Watchguard provides a pretty granular filter for email addresses
allowed/denied through it's proxy (which seems a little useless because of
spoofed email addresses, but still).

Hope this helps!

-Karl