Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cannot send mail

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 20:01:55 +0530

On 04/05/04 22:24 -0700, kgiraldin () richland lib wa us wrote:
Hi firewall wizards,

I have just finished building and installing an email server for our
library. I am home using Thunderbird client. I am connected to my email
Which server?
Are you trying to relay through the server, or to an account on the
server?

server at the library. We have a watchguard firewall. I am attempting to
send email and here is the error message I get.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large.
Please verity that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences
and try again."
Can you please post session logs? If you have enabled a proxy for the
server on your firewall, disable it and test?

Devdas Bhagat