Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

AltaVista Firewall

From: "Matthew J. Harmon" <mjh () itys net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:50:06 -0500

I recently entered an client engagement and they are using the AltaVista Firewall (migrating away, but still need support). About five years ago I very briefly worked with this product (Digital -> Compaq/HP) which now appears to have no support, the digital.com website for their software (altavista.software.digital.com) is gone, the compaq website only has product information (no technical documentation) and the support tech (last ditch effort!) I talked to argued with me for ten minutes about how AltaVista is a search engine and not a firewall.

So far, my only luck has been the wayback machine, which has even provided me little information.

At this point, I am tossing myself at the mercy of those who may have experience with this firewall and perhaps documentation saved around somewhere? Or even a quick write up would be great. With permission, I will make a quick AltaVista Firewall 101 FAQ.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Matthew