Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: AltaVista Firewall

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:41:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Matthew J. Harmon wrote:

I recently entered an client engagement and they are using the AltaVista
Firewall (migrating away, but still need support).  About five years ago
I very briefly worked with this product (Digital -> Compaq/HP) which now
appears to have no support, the digital.com website for their software
(altavista.software.digital.com) is gone, the compaq website only has
product information (no technical documentation) and the support tech
(last ditch effort!) I talked to argued with me for ten minutes about
how AltaVista is a search engine and not a firewall.

I think AltaVista Firewall got sold to Axent, who got borged by Symantec.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

You might see if Symantec offers any support/documentation options.

HTH,

Paul