Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: suggestions for anitvirus in gateway

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Ravi Kumar wrote:
  I would like to get suggestions on how to go about in selecting
AntiVirus in gateways. What should I look into antivirus products to
place in Gateways.

What do you mean by "gateways"?

Are you talking about email gateways? routers? iron bars ;>

How much traffic are you talking about? What are you trying to
protect? Is speed or accuracy more important to you? How much money do
you want to spend? How often do you expect to get signature updates?
How much manpower can you assign to making sure that you're always up
to date?

It's very hard to offer good suggestions without more information
about what you're trying to accomplish.

Vendors can reply directly to me, to not to spoil mailing list with
advertisements.

I'm looking forward to reading the summary of responses that you post
to the list, once you've collected the vendor requirements ;>

cheers!