Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: suggestions for anitvirus in gateway

From: Ravi Kumar <ravivsn () rocsys com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:36:15 +0530

What do you mean by "gateways"?

Are you talking about email gateways? routers? iron bars ;>

Not iron bars :-D , looking to place AV in router which will have application proxies.

How much traffic are you talking about?

I will go with high end processor based on requirement. If the AV product depends on the traffic level, pls suggest for SOHO and enterprise level.

What are you trying to
protect?

Email, HTTP traffic as of now

Is speed or accuracy more important to you?

Planning to get two types: one with high speed and other with high accuracy , but in both case I dont want false positives

How much money do
you want to spend?

Not yet decided ;)

How often do you expect to get signature updates?

I wish the AV should update its signature base as soon as a new virus is found. AV vendor should be active.

How much manpower can you assign to making sure that you're always up
to date?

Automatic update fecility is what I look for.

It's very hard to offer good suggestions without more information
about what you're trying to accomplish.

provided as you asked :)

Vendors can reply directly to me, to not to spoil mailing list with
advertisements.

I'm looking forward to reading the summary of responses that you post
to the list, once you've collected the vendor requirements ;>

Sure. I will compile the replies as summary and post it in this mailing list.

cheers!