Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SMTP security server open relay question

From: "Matt Ritenburg" <matt_ritenburg () ftn fedex com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:34:08 -0400

Hello,

I modified our SMTP security server with a "*@.mydomain.com" in the
recipient field of the match tab, however,  it does not seem to make a
difference.  The security server still issues a 250 response to any
recipient regardless of destination domain.   The resource  is included in
the rule base and is used for the same rule that catches SMTP traffic and
sends it to our CVP server.  The policy has been saved and pushed.  I dunno
what else to check?

Another question would be this:

How does  modify the configuration when using the SMTP security server to
only issue a 250 response for SMTP traffic destined for the local domain?

TIA,

Matthew