Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ISA and Authentication Question...

From: Mark <firewalladmin () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:55:41 -0400

I'm not sure how that would/could be done, a lot may depend on the
client (firewall client, secure NAT client, web proxy or all 3) but if
the noble members of this list don't know I would post the question on
www.isaserver.org. I literally cut my ISA Teeth on that site and was
never disappointed.

(oh, and for those wondering why you would want to do this... I
dunno... customers... what can you do? :-))

I can think of a reason. There are a few folks on my network that like
to use a local admin account all day and bypass login scripts and such
when they use domain accounts (which make them only users on their
machines). They inherited, by bad policy, local admin rights before I
started working there and you know how hard it is to take away something
they have always had. This would make it a real pain for them and
probably force them to log into the domain like everyone else.

Mark